South Eastern Radiotherapy Trust (SERT) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights.For the purposes of the GDPR, SERT is a data processor:
- From our patients we receive your name, address and phone number from UPMC Whitfield (Data Controller)
- From our drivers and coordinators, we collect driver’s license, D.O.B, penalty points, email, phone number
- We do not collect any further information
Who are we?
SERT is a volunteer-based transport service covering the South East of Ireland. Our vehicles provide door-to-door or pick up point collection for patients undergoing radiotherapy, to hospital and back again. SERT currently provides transportation from Waterford City, Clonmel, Dungarvan, Kilkenny, Wexford and South Tipperary to the UPMC Whitfield Cancer Centre in Waterford or to Cork University Hospital.Our GDPR Owner can be contacted directly here:
How we collect information about you
Our area Coordinators receive your name, address and phone number from UPMC Whitfield on a weekly basis, this is sent via secure email.
How will SERT use the personal data it collects about me?
When our Coordinators receive your name, and phone number, this information is sent to our drivers. Depending on the different regions either the Coordinator or the driver will contact you to arrange transportation.
SERT does not share your personal data with any other third parties.
Why we are processing your data?Our lawful reason for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Consent – you consented to UPMC Whitfield sharing your data with us.
SERT facilitate you, rights in line with the GDPR.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if SERT refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
When you contact us to ask about your information, we may ask you to identify yourself. This is to help protect your information. Once we are satisfied that we have effectively verified your identity, we will respond to the majority of requests without undue delay and within a one-month period (i.e. 30 calendar days) of receipt of the request.
How we keep your data safe
SERT Makes reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. These measures include, but are not limited to, password protection. We do not pass any of your personal data outside the EEA.
We do not keep your data for longer than is necessary.
You may also contact the Data Protection Commission in Ireland to lodge a complaint (details below).Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square South
Telephone: +353 578 684 800
+353 761 104 800
If we intend to further use your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us.